The 2017 Air Conditioner Exchange Program ran from May 2 to August 31.
Every summer VAC works together with the Columbia Water and Light Department and Boone Electric Cooperative to provide the Air Conditioner Exchange Program. This program allows low-income Columbia Water and Light and Boone Electric Cooperative customers to swap their older, less efficient, or broken window air conditioner units for new ones that are more energy efficient. This helps them both to stay cooler and to save money on utility bills. Exchange of old units and pick-up of new units both take place in the VAC office. All of the old air conditioners are disposed of properly and recycled by the City. In 2017, this program provided 75 replacement air conditioner window units.
To participate in this program, you must bring in the following items:
- Older, inefficient window air conditioner to exchange
- Proof of current physical Boone County addresses (ID’s or leases will not be accepted)
- Identification for everyone at your address (originals, no copies)
- Proof of all income for everyone at your address (including food stamps and TANF)
- Current utility bill for your address
Check back in Spring for 2018 Air Conditioner Exchange Program dates.