VAC provides financial assistance with basic and emergency needs to low-income people in Boone County.
Click to learn more about our services:
Services are provided as funds are available. They are subject to annual family limits and casework evaluations. See the programs page for further information on services provided through VAC’s numerous seasonal and special programs.
Client must be a current Boone County resident and gross income for everyone at the Address must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
Originals of the following items are required to determine if an Address qualifies to receive services:
Address: Documentation of current physical Boone County Address
- a recent piece of mail received in the last 3 months for someone living at the Address
- agency letter verifying Address,
- lease accepted only if at Address less than 30 days
Identification: One form of official ID for everyone living at the Address
- photo ID, Social Security card
- birth certificate, passport
- health insurance card
- proof of birth for newborns
- Household Member Printout from Family Support Division
Income: Documentation of all monthly income for everyone living at the Address (must be dated within the past 3 months)
- employment income
- SNAP/food stamp benefits
- child support
- VA Benefits
- Social Security Income (dated for present calendar year)
Once an Address qualifies to receive services, an eligible client only needs to bring in an ID to receive services until the beginning of the next calendar year. If information for an Address has changed, VAC must see updated information.