This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
Full Job Description
VAC is seeking an Executive Director who will work with our staff, donors, Board members, and other community stakeholders to lead the organization in continuing to serve our community in alignment with our mission and vision statements.
The Executive Director will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining good relationships with community organizations. Including participation in community planning for health and social services, and any mission-related meetings.
- Responsible for the supervision of staff, including selection and training of paid staff and volunteers, developing and maintaining personnel policies and procedures, and staff schedules.
- Is the spokesman for the agency and liaison for the VAC Board in related community activities.
- Oversees an adequate risk management program to protect the assets of the facility and the health and safety of the staff and the clients.
- Attends all Board meetings and prepares agenda in consultation with the Board President. Presents to the Board periodic reports on financial activities, client statistics, and other such reports deemed needed.
- Maintains and updates the VAC Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for day-to-day operations. These include oversight of service provision, technology, office maintenance, etc.
- Maintains communication with Heart of Missouri United Way, City of Columbia, Boone County and other major sources of revenue to maintain VAC funding, and shall, with Board support, ensure appropriate financial and other resources necessary to the agency’s work
- Prepares an annual budget and presents to the Board for approval
- Supervises all business affairs to ensure that all funds are collected and expended to the best advantage of the agency.
- Prepares and presents with Board approval and support proposals/grants to appropriate funding sources.
- Assists the Board in fundraising and community activities
- Maintains professional relationships with clients and maintains client and personnel confidentiality.
- Responsible for or delegates responsibility for fundraisers and community programs.
Performs any other duties that may be necessary in the best interest of VAC and the wellbeing of the agency.
VAC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply